Criteria for Participation
All wrestlers participating in the RTC practice must meet one of the stated criteria below (updated September 2020) and must be current athlete members of USA Wrestling. All RTC athletes must be in good standing with the both the RTC and the RTC host site.
- Won at least one match at a Senior USAW World or Olympic Team Trials
- Placed top 8 at USAW Senior Open Championships
- Placed top 8 at USAW U23 National Championship
- Placed top 8 at UWW Junior National Championship
- Placed top 8 at USAW Junior National Championship
- Placed top 4 at USAW Junior Regional
- Placed top 8 at USAW 16U National Championship
- Placed top 8 at UWW Cadet National Championship
- Placed top 6 at USAW State Junior Freestyle/Greco-Roman Championships
- Placed top 6 at USAW State 16U Freestyle/Greco-Roman Championships
- Placed top 4 at USAW Senior Regional
- Placed top 4 at New York Athletic Club International
- Placed top 4 at Dave Schultz Memorial International
- Competed in a Continental Championships/Games, World Championships/Games at any level (a. five year criteria does NOT apply)
- Any veteran athlete who has represented the U.S. within the last two years at the Veteran’s World Championships or is scheduled to compete at the next world championship event
- Waivered, first year collegiate athlete (entered college in fall 2020) who was unable to compete because of USA Wrestling events cancelled due to Covid-19.
- “Grandfather” clause will apply to any previously RTC rostered (prior to September 2020) athlete who met the “Top 4 Finish at a State Folkstyle Tournament” criteria.
International athletes/coaches who currently represent a country other than the U.S. may attend on a limited basis based on approval of the NGB and RTC. These individuals must be of similar competitive caliber. These individuals may attend on an intermittent basis in order to enhance national team development.
If you meet one or more of the above criteria and would like to work out at the RTC, please bring a Participant Approval and Liability Form to your first practice.
Regular Practices @ Stanford Wrestling Room